Acceptance: A generous heart,kind speech & a life of service & compassion

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Makwanpur diaries_3

Dwelling still in the makwanpur trance, as soon as we reached the kalikatar, a small vintage point, in front of me is ever entwined manahara, on my right is never ending slopes made out of all stones, such that only less water requiring plant grows, no luster of nature can be felt in those vegetation ( my perception) on my left is the heart of village due to prescience of health post, nearby her is a secondary school having good reputation, pupil live here in boarding house here, who have difficulty going to and fro and behind me stretches the innumerable hills with the houses scattered like natural protuberance from the body of nature!
As the evening approached, we discussed the village map with ghalan bhai, he was suggesting not eating anything in the houses of respondents from few villages as they chant spells in the food, our senses got acute out of suspicion and mock!
Anyways, life’s got to move on wherever we live,. .
Now its early morning, we have planned to start early so on my chappal, I am ready to move towards jhyange with my partner. I have filled my bottle, carries all the required stuff for 9 days survival in the village, so now with my baggage, my umbrella and travelling stick I move on, crossing the high hills, then flat path, on the way we met the logger again, who was more curious about us! Through the jungle, downhill, one river, two river and at last met a bunch of youth, they comforted us by saying that we are near to jhyange. We have just moved a little further and met a lady wearing green outfit, green blouse and green sari, ok! She is the FCHV of the village and was coming to kalikatar for the meeting. She pointed us her house, yeah the first house after we have crossed the next big river!
At home, we met the house owner, he was far more generous, and we felt the reason behind the success of FCVH didi is him as well. So we had our bronze(!!!) at our humble host’s house, wow! We ate fish curry, he went to the river just as we arrived and we have been served the fresh river product!
So in the early afternoon we did our work, the people we met in the village seems ever too busy in their house hold chores or filed work, from scrubbing the floor, to cleaning the porch to feeding the animals to cooking etc etc
One peculiar observation is that the members living in the house of TH seemed to suffer from serious illness which he couldn’t cure himself, and the people can’t also claim to go and treat themselves in allopathic setting as they can’t go against his will, basically they are afraid to choose any other option rather that the home option they get!
Now, it’s the dusky hour and we are back to our new found home, bijaya bahini has brought us freshly plucked banana( a dozen), my partner is not feeling good due to GI problem so I am responsible for eating a dozen of banana, it’s fresh and I am so tempted by its taste, nothing like the one I have ever tasted! It is indeed so pure and delicious fresh!
One more huge meal and we are ready to sleep in two cozy beds! We insisted on sleeping on the floor but the host family won’t listen to us. So they on floor and we on their comfy commodity( I hurts!)
Wow! A wonderful night, no mosquitoes because the temperature is temperate as we live just above the river and in the rainy season the water reaches almost up to the door, the hustle and bustle of river will definitely make a new comer like us unbearable to sleep due to lack of selective adaptation says our host!
And yester night, I felt some clumsy sound around the room and now I discovered the truth and that is the whole young members of the family had gone to fish hunting at midnight along with other neighbors! Wow I love the freedom of night hunters here!
Loll! Early morning the father urf the honey hunter brought us ‘thal-bhari’ hives! That’s totally new thing to be eaten, and I can’t bear this much of sweetness! From the full plate I took a munch and returned the rest to our best!
So after one night stay we have bade our new family goodbye and now we are heading towards our next destiny-hattipaile!
( p.s. dear father mother brother and sisters, you all had been so wonderful, we carry the love you give us, we still remember the tunes of the youngest sisi, and the heartfelt tones of the big and responsible bijaya, and the gentleness of the brother, we remember you in one way or the other!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment