Acceptance: A generous heart,kind speech & a life of service & compassion

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Makwanpur diaries_2


    65 rivers
         

Yester eve, we agreed on walking rather than going by bus, reasons:
*the bus starts late ( around 11 am) and we wanted to start early in the morning
*the route might be dangerous one
So finally agreed on walking early in the morning.
So we all put on our slippers, I put on my best friend’s gift, everyone appreciated, oh I wish I had slippers like yours!
So then, the journey started after crossing one bridge, the broad sandy road welcomed us with the gush of wind!
See, nirajan is still on his close shoes, holy god! He doesn’t realize the predicament ahead . . . which we crossed with a smile of course!



We crossed the first river, with hell lot of excitement, the freshly fragranced air and the spine chilling water! So the river crossing continued like studying pages of book, one two three four five. . .

But then around every  nooks and corners, there seemed to be the river waiting with a broad smile from one edge to other, I like all my friends while walked after crossing the river, the sand particles got patched, and while walking due to continues scrubbing of sand and my feet muscles, I got red burning patches! We were not even half way cross, we had just crossed the river around 25 times and I already had bruises all over my feet!( now alowly my frieds commented, slipper like mine is not good for crossing river, hatti-chap chappal is the best!)
Yet the walking continued, pain more pain worst pain and then no pain! We reached our destination makawanpur at 3 pm, around 8 hours walk straight, crossed the same river manahari 65 times with our heavy bag-pack, it’s a hell lot of tiring journey, and a challenging beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment