Acceptance: A generous heart,kind speech & a life of service & compassion

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life, is it?


There are boys and girls, they are born, they grow up and eventually they are expected to get married by the whole society. This whole process has repeated since time immemorial and people never cross question this institution. Anyway, they get married, new bonds are formed, in the confusion of life, more confusions are added, more people more confusion!
And then there occurs pregnancy eventually, a child is born, ‘those who are still children bear a child’. Here, more than anything else they establish an extreme bond of attachment. There is a saying which goes, ‘every time a child gets sick even if it’s a minor sickness, the mother thinks or fears that her child is dyeing’. I just can’t imagine the extent of pain this whole situation creates. So the life continues for the sake of bringing forth the child to maturity. The offspring matures and the whole cycle is repeated.
However, I want to change the whole notion of marriage, at least for me if not for everyone. I want to gain the level of completeness, I don’t want to feel dependent completeness, and I want to be complete on my own. And if I still decide to live in society and to make my parents mind easy, I need to get married. And if I get married I want a man who will not depend on me, at least mentally. I won’t be willing to waste a lot of time attending all merry making which is so common in our culture. I want to devote most of my time in my own pursuit of life. I know none of those kins and folks can bring me back the time we spend in idle talk. So I want non action most of the time in my life. I want lessening of the ‘attachment’ every day in every way. And if I can’t fulfill these desires from the independent partner I have, there is always an open option for me:) As the non becomer says,’ Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.’

No comments:

Post a Comment